On Twitter Aaeru posted (almost) 20 questions about visual novels…so I thought I’d take a wack…
1. Who is your favourite female visual novel character?
Natsume Rin, she is spunky yet Tsundere but has that childhood friend feel..
2. Who is your favourite male visual novel character?
The protags friend from G-string…he acts all nice to girls but is a real asshole…but his dialog makes me laugh every time
3. What is your favourite visual novel?
I’d have to say Clannad…it was an excellent read…it made me laugh…cry…and really connect to the story…
4. What is your favourite visual novel soundtrack (or song)?
Again, G-String had my favorite OST, I really enjoy classical music and I enjoyed the ‘new age’ version of my favorite songs done in this series my favorite one is the remake of Eric Satie’s Gymnopédie No.1 (Listen to it here)
5. Which is your favourite visual novel opening animation?
I’d have to say the op. of Little busters EX, I really enjoyed the music and the op. animations really let you want to experience the game and its interesting story (watch it here) plus the Alt rock ver is just excellent.
6. What is your favourite scene in a visual novel?
The scene in Yume Miru Kusuri when the protag takes a stand and saves Aeka from getting raped on the roof of the school..I felt like I would jump into the screen and serve justice myself…
7. What qualities in a VN character do you gravitate most towards?
I honestly….do not know there is way to many….sorry for the lame answer…
8. Which character in a VN is most similar to you in terms of personality?
The protag of G-string…alot of my friends said I am rather ‘dark’ when it comes to getting shit done…
9. Who is your favourite VN Artist?
10. Who is your favourite VN writer?
Jun Maeda…I mean hell, everything he has written has been gold and touched my heart in one way or another
11. What is your favourite thing about visual novel/eroge?
the ability to control the story…if I want one end I can obtain it and put the game away and be perfectly satisfied with that ending…
12. What is one thing you would eliminate from all VNs to make them more perfect?
Cheating protags……school days did that in for me….
13. Do you think you’ll ever stop playing VNs?
I doubt it, one of my editors is in his 40′s and still plays visual novels…and that gives me faith that age is no factor…so I hope I can enjoy VN’s till I am shitting my pants in a retirement home…
14. Are you open about the fact that you play VNs with people you know?
Absolutly not, In real life, you would not expect me to even be into anything japanese since I am ‘that guy into cars’….I live a double life when it comes to stuff like that…untill you walk into my room and see the Hatsune Miku posters and shit loads of anime and manga…. I share VN’s only with my closest of friends IRL
15. Which visual novel was the biggest let down for you?
School Days HQ…I graduated HS in 2008…this game was still in translation durring that time…its now 2012 and I am a college grad…I waited FOREVER for the game and it was just a let down….
16. Name one VN nobody-has-played that you would recommend for others.
Over the Rainbow…..its our first compleated work, its a really dark title but I think people will enjoy it…..maybe…
and thats how far the questions went :3